Hinges For Doors & Windows
Upvc door hinges
Upvc doors hinges come in four categories, Butt hinges also known as pencil hinges, Flag hinges, Rebate hinges and Composite door hinges.
Flag hinges are widely used on Upvc doors. Flag hinges are good in terms of security and door adjustments. Composite door hinges have no adjustment but are robust to take the heavy load of the solid doors. Our Local Scunthorpe Locksmiths are on hand to give you free advise on any issue you may have about window and door hinges just call into our trade counter located in Scunthorpe, and our locksmiths will be only too happy to give you free advise on your window and upvc door hinges.
Upvc window hinges
Friction hinge stays are quick to change on Upvc windows, even if the hinge is not like for like they will fit as long as you have the same length and stack height. It is advisable to exchange both hinges at the same time. Hinges are always sold in pairs so it makes sense to change both.
Upvc window hinges come in only two stack heights:
- 13mm - 14mm Also known as normal stack or low stack hinges
- 17mm - 16mm Also known as high stack hinges
The four main types of window hinges
- STD hinges or low stack are the most common used
- Fire escape or egress hinges, under Fensa and building control Regs must provide a means of escape in the event of a fire and since they open to 85 degrees this type must be used. Please note they are only available as a side opening option.
- Restrictor hinges provide a restricted opening of approx. 95mm when opened. Restrictor hinges also known as child hinges, as they prevent children from falling out in high level situations.
- Slim-line hinges are friction hinges that can go as low as 13mm stack height.
Fire Escape Hinge
pencil door hinge
Gold door Flag Hinge
Pencil hinge profile related
Rebate door hinge